Key Stage 1 English & Maths
Key Stage English and Maths Booster Classes.
These booster classes run for various levels at Key Stage 1, 2 and 3 for English and Maths.
The National Curriculum is divided into four Key Stages. At the end of each Key Stage a formal assessment is made on the child’s progress.
|Key Stage 1||5 to 7||Year 1 & 2|
|Key Stage 2||7 to 11||Year 3, 4, 5 & 6|
|Key Stage 3||11 to 14||Year 7, 8, 9|
|Key Stage 4(GCSE)||14 to 16||Year 10 & 11|
- Use the vocabulary and grammar of Standard English.
- Formulate, clarify and express their ideas.
- Listen, understand and respond appropriately to others.
- Reading accurately, fluently and with understanding.
- Presentational skills, accurate punctuation, correct spelling and legible handwriting.
- Try different approaches and find ways of overcoming difficulties that arise when they are solving problems.
- Show that they understand a general statement by finding particular examples that match it.
- Develop their own strategies for solving problems and are using these strategies both in working within mathematics and in applying mathematics to practical contexts.
- Pupils convey mathematical meaning through consistent use of symbols.
These booster classes run for various levels at Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 and concentrate on the National Curriculum requirements. We focus primarily on Mathematics and English. For each level we select a number of core components that make up the subject grades and teach them using a structured approach supported with examples. Our programme of teaching prepares children for the key stage assessment providing them with real exam type questions to improve grades.